On March 15, 2023, the Chinese Embassy in France announced the resumption of issuance of all its categories of visas, including the tourist visaafter 3 years of suspension.
New measures have been applied:
- Holders of valid Chinese visas, including those issued before March 28, 2020, may enter China;
- The Chinese Embassy and consulates in France issue all types of visas;
- Chinese competent bodies issue port visas for legal reasons.
In addition, the following visa waiver policies are reinstated:
- Visit to Hainan Island;
- Arrival by cruise ship at the ports of Shanghai;
- Visit to Guangdong for foreigners in groups from Hong Kong and Macau;
- Visit to Guilin from Guangxi Province for tour groups from ASEAN countries.
About the sanitary measures put in place for traveling to China from France, they have been relaxed. Indeed, if the PCR test was compulsory, carrying out a antigen test within 48 hours before boarding is now possible. As for antigenic self-tests, they are also acceptable.
More info online: